Sunday 20 January 2008

Did it again !

Profit/Loss : 161.09€
Total Profit/Loss : 555.62€
Current Bank : 1290.84€

Another profitable week and weekend. Traded quite well, not being greedy and accepting a loss here and there when things were going against me and always accepting the profits that were given to me. The ability of taking a small loss quickly and not being bored about it defines it all. That's what happened on Newcastle vs. Bolton. Also, the match between Atl. Madrid and Real Madrid I could have made a 1 tick profit ( around +4.80€ greenbook ) quite easily. Sold 500€ at 1.14 and was in the queue to buy at 1.13. I was near the front of the queue but the game was about to get restarted so I gave it up. The match restarted and 50 seconds later I'd have been fully matched. It didn't piss me off because it was the right thing to do. This is the sort of mental attitude that makes me happy with myself and tells me that I'm improving quite well.

Here's the P/L screenshot:



There's a good chance I'll establish a new personal record this month in terms of profit if I can make more 100€. I won't force it, if it comes then great, if it doesn't, I won't care.

By the way, what do you guys do when there's a problem with your internet connection/computer freezes/betfair crashes/whatever and you have an open position in a market that needs to be closed quickly. Does Betfair have a phone number for this kind of situations ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have been set up with a telefone account. I'd get in touch with them (customer service unusually good for a big company).

Once you've made that first call its plain sailing.

The telephone service has helped me out on a number of ocassions when my computer has had a mind of its own.

The Nameless Trader said...

Thank you for your useful post. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you may find that a telephone bet a has a minimum stake so depening how much you want to bet it may not work.

Convinced before it was £50 but may be wrong.

Keeron.

Anonymous said...

hi..can you tell us about the charts...some more details..especially for horse racing.

thanks a lot

The Nameless Trader said...

Hi, thanks Keeron for the post. I'm doing bets of over 50€ so that shouldn't be a problem.

About the charts and horse racing. I don't do many trades on horse racing yet because I don't have the right tools to trade in those markets so I'll try to stay away as much as possible, however, from time to time I go there and try to take a few € away from some of you, eh eh eh. I need to get some software to do draw the charts in real-time so I can better decide when to enter/leave a market. Currently available software such as BetAngel and BetTrader PRO are quite poor to be honest and with my low risk strategy it's not worth it to pay for a subscription.

I don't know what you wanted to know exactly regarding charts and horse racing, so please, could you be more specific ?

Thanks for your posts. :)