Saturday 17 November 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my sports trading blog. This is where I'll keep my trading results on betfair so that you can see it with your own eyes.

I'll first talk about my previous results so that all the rest that comes here after makes some sense.

I've been making some good profits over the last few months but last Sunday I wasted them all.

Last Sunday I lost 819.65€ on a single football match. It was Chelsea vs. Everton when Chelsea was in front 1-0. I had 34€ greened up on that match when it all happened. I thought I could sneak in and out of the market very quickly to extract one more tick that would give me an extra 10€ ( 1000€ staked at 0.01 increments ). There were 3 or 4 minutes left in the game and I was watching it on TV. I got matched at 1.05 and I was trying to get out at 1.04 but the market moved one tick against me so I immediately changed my lay bet to 1.05 to turn it into a scratch bet because I didn't want to stay in too much time with such a high exposure in the market. It was taking too much time to get matched and I was starting to get nervous. Guess what happened, disaster, Everton scored 1-1 at the 89th minute!

The end result of this sad story was that all my profits from this football season were gone and so my confidence.

It's clear that I've made a huge mistake here. The risk/reward ratio was obviously too high and I simply shouldn't have backed that much.

I was mentally devastated during this last week. Since then I can only attract losses, haven't had a single profitable day since then but this will change soon, very soon!

I'll start from here on with a bank of 735.23€ as the zero point.

Hope you enjoy this blog.

1 comment:

amorphous said...

Sounds like the same hard luck story as me!!
The lesson to learn is never get involved in football in the last few minutes...its a mistake I have made countless times, and still do!!! Football is to tricky to pick up easy money..one goal really moves the markets.
Good luck with the blog, and the trading.