Sunday 25 November 2007

My weekend in review

Profit/Loss : 41.11€
Total Profit/Loss :
64€
Current Bank :
799.23€

First of all, allow me to conside Friday night as part of the weekend so that this post doesn't get invalid because of a Friday night trade on a football match. Overall, this weekend was quite good for me, a good profit and the most important, very few mistakes and some perfect trades, technically.

Before the big loss ( see first post ) making 41.11€ a weekend would be a bad result because I could make that in one single trade quite easily. Making 200€ on a weekend wouldn't be a surprise but now things have changed. I'm putting less money into the market and exploiting less ticks as well. In case things go completely wrong or in case I go completely mad I can't lose too much. Something that I have in the back of my mind now is that the number one rule is not to lose money. It may sound obvious but it's not, if you are a trader you will understand me.

I've spent Saturday's afternoon watching football, I guess I watched to 6 or more matches making small profits in almost all of them. Some were done inplay exploiting a single tick with small chunks ( 100€ maximum ) and always when the matches were calm ( half-time included ).

During the morning I was trading ( or trying to ) on horse racing and this was where I made my biggest mistake of the weekend. Having layed a horse at 3.35 and watching it drift to 4.50 in less than 10 minutes I made a nice greenbook of 7.60€ with just a 30€ chunk trade. Quite happy I was but then I decided to mess up things a little bit and lost a tick, then tried to take it back and the race went inplay. I was lucky I managed to get out with a loss of -0.14€. I'm so stupid, it was the only loss I had during the weekend and it could have been a nice profit. Shame on me!



Hoping to break the 800€ barrier very soon!

No comments: