Sunday 16 December 2007

Mixed Feelings

Profit/Loss : 37.20€
Total Profit/Loss : 135.25€
Current Bank : 870.47€

First of all, sorry for taking so long for an update. That's how I am, lazy!

Let me separate this post in two different parts, last weekend and this weekend. Last weekend I took a loss of -8.86€. I made so many mistakes that I should have been wiped out. It all started on friday night with an NBA match between the Chicago Bulls and the Detroit Pistons. I always seemed to be on the wrong side and taking constant losses and getting pissed off about it. I had a total accumulated loss on the Pistons of around -60€ and 0€ on the Bulls. The Bulls were in front near the end of the match but were leading by just 4 or 5 points. I told myself that I couldn't afford a loss of -60€ so I took a hard decision of dividing the loss and taking a -16€ guaranteed loss. The Bulls did indeed win the game, very hard to swallow. This trading was in the back of my mind the entire weekend.

Saturday morning trading the horses I decided to buy a horse at 3.40 because I thought it would drift. It was the favourite in the race in question and there was nothing that could tell me that that horse was indeed a favourite for that race so that was why I decided to lay him. Immediately I saw him steaming to 2.80s. Obviously, I should have closed my position much earlier but I did not, I was in love with my position. Exited losing -18.94€.

During the afternoon I've entered in a self-destroying mode. I was watching the Manchester United vs. Derby County game on TV and was surprised to see Derby not conceding a goal for more than 30 minutes so I decided to do some trades on the under/over 3,5 goals market. Guess what happened, Man Utd scored two goals in 5 minutes while I had a position opened. I was very lucky to leave with a -44.84€ loss.

The rest of the weekend I was trading on a mood that is completely unacceptable. I was putting huge chunks ( almost the whole bank ) in some very very risky situations, I felt like I wanted to blow my whole bank in a few seconds, very weird feelings. I don't know how I managed to lose just -8.86€.




I'll have to work hard to get my mind right for trading. If I don't, I'll be wiped out in a couple of months because this is indeed a very tough game.

Ok, let's to move on to this weekend. In constrast with last weekend, this one I haven't missed a single trade, all green. That's something that I can't understand, I'm capable of the best and of the worst.

There's nothing special with these trades. It's the usual thing. A profit of 46.06€. It should be like this every day. :)



Hope you don't make the mistakes I made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning! You latest blog entry are included in £10,000 Monthly Gains, X-Factor and an Algorithm of BetStories.com. Impressive P&L screenshot! Well done!